FIRMWARE 2.3 BETA 3

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
For your enjoyment, I have a beta test version of firmware 2.3. The changes are:

- Expansion to 1008 songs, 64 setlists. Setlists can now contain 100 songs
- Macros: you can define macros, which are sequences of up to 32 actions. These can be called from any preset or IA. The idea here is to be able to have common sequences of actions used on multiple buttons, but only need to edit those actions once if they need to change. This also greatly extends the number of actions a preset or IA can have.
- We now sync with Axe-Fx scene changes
- It's now possible to have a preset that has a local button page, but have a global button page show up when the preset is selected.
- Added setting to invert the expression pedal's position switch. Useful if you want the tuner to turn on when the volume pedal is pulled back all the way.
- Page menu now only shows pages that are active (less than or equal to the Max Page setting)
- Fixed copy & swap button options on GT10 and GT16
- Fixed error editing CC On values on GT
- Fixed a bug that happened when pressing Preset Menu button when on the global preset

Editor fixes:
- Made a separate "local page" checkbox on the preset page. This makes it more clear how to select a local page. It also makes it possible to have a local page, but have a global page be the first page that is displayed when the preset is recalled.
- Fixed the broken button type menu
- Fixed preset offsets in PC actions
- Fixed PC and bank number calculation errors for devices like Axe-Fx
- Other various bug fixes that I forgot to write down

UPDATE 1/15/2015 - 2.3b2 includes more fixes for Axe-Fx and scenes

UPDATE 2/12/2015 - 2.3b3 includes a fix for preset actions (very helpful for selecting Axe-Fx scenes). Also adds Switch Gizmo andVoodoo Lab Pedal Switcher support.

UPDATE 2/16/2015 - 2.3b3 editor fixes some settings corruption after saving files, also fixes transfers between GT and editor.

BIG IMPORTANT NOTE #1
Remember to back up your settings before upgrading! You won't be able to downgrade to a previous release and keep your settings unless you have a backup of your settings somewhere.

BIG IMPORTANT NOTE #2
DO NOT use this release if you have a Kemper! I've been working to support new features in the KPA, but have run into some compatibility trouble that I need to work out with Kemper. I will get it fixed for the final 2.3, but for now stick with 2.2 if you're a Kemper user!

You can download here:

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT23B3.zip
Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Masterm ... al-2.3.pdf
Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.3b3.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.3b3.zip

Please report any bugs you find ASAP!

Re: FIRMWARE 2.3 BETA 1

wow thanks so much! Installing now... well... backing up first THEN installing :)

QUESTION:

with the MMGT getting Scene status from the Axe, what options should be set for the Button as far as Send on Preset Change and Update State on Preset Change? can i also confirm that other IA buttons/non-scene buttons should have those 2 options set OFF with the Axe II?

small visual bug in the editor:

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-14%20at%201.23.57%20PM.png

the dropdown of the Force State selection cuts off the text. I'm on Mac 10.10.1 using the Beta Editor.

Just a word to Axe-Fx II owners - if you use a Scene command in a Macro and assign that to a button, the button will NOT reflect the current state of the Scene, as far as I can tell.

oh boy...

ok 2 things:

let's say i'm on Button Page 1. i have a button set with a single action, Axe-Fx Scene 1. it delivers a CC34 Value 0 as expected.
and let's on Button Page 2 i have a button with Axe Scene 1 and a 2nd action like Device 2 CC31 Value 127. it delivers the values as expected.

my Axe is on Scene 1, same scene as the buttons described above.

if i press ANY other button function - Axe Filter Block, Delay XY, Device 2 any CC#, etc - the MMGT will resend the 2nd action Device 2 CC31 Value 127 (the button on Page 2), regardless of IA Link status.

since 2.3 now gets Scene status info from the Axe, it seems that any buttons set to the same Scenes automatically reload, thus sending any Actions on any of the buttons with that same Scene

--
2nd thing

it seems now that after any button press - Axe-Fx button, Device 2 (i'm using an Infinity Looper) buttons, etc., a Fractal Audio SysEx message is sent. i'm assuming this is to get the Scene info? but if I'm pressing an IA switch for Delay or Chorus, or especially a button for another device, why is that message being sent?

i made a thread about this SysEx message here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1031

with 2.2, only the Scene buttons were casing that message to be sent. because it was only these buttons, i could put a 2nd message to make my Infinity Looper communicate (see the thread for details). but now with 2.3, it seems that every button sends that SysEx - including buttons set only for the Infinity Looper, Device 2 on a different MIDI channel - and that's messing up the communication with the Looper again.

i agree with Ron when he said that the Looper needs an update to ignore SysEx info, so I'll contact them about that. but i just wanted to point this out as i know there is other midi gear out there that also cannot ignore or strip SysEx data being sent to it.

i just figured out that if i hit any Looper button 2x very quickly, it then sends the correct command to the Looper. this obviously isn't practical, but interesting that doing this sends the message correctly.

also very strange is that the Infinity Looper Erase command - CC49 - works no problem, but nothing else does. nothing else is different about this button compared to other Looper buttons, so i'm not sure what's going on there.

i have to guess that there are just problems with the Infinity Looper MIDI functionality. i'll contact them once my head recovers from my headache right now hah.

so 2.3 was a nice test and i like the new features, but it's back to 2.2 where i had everything playing nicely together.

i'll update this thread if going back to 2.2 does not solve this for me.

UPDATE and HELP! How do I downgrade?!

i downloaded 2.2 from the MMGT product page, entered bootloader mode and put in the USB stick. the firmware started flashing to 2.2, seemed to stop early, then i got mixed letters on dark screens and no functionality.

i put 2.3b back on the stick, reflashed to that and the MMGT came back. i then performed a factory reset, then tried to downgrade to 2.2 again; same thing :(

2015-01-14%2014.58.21.jpg

Ok, I see what happened with the downgrade. You'll have to wipe the settings in the GT, then downgrade. To do this, here's a special firmware build and its only job is to erase the settings on the GT. Put this on a flash drive, update firmware and it'll wipe your settings. Then, put 2.2 back on the drive, update firmware again and you're good to go. Make sure to only have one .rjf file on the drive at any one time.

MMGT Utilility: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGTUtil01.zip

I'll figure out the Axe-Fx issue ASAP.

thanks ron. my only concern for now was downgrading.

i'm guessing the first issue i mentioned was something.

the 2nd issue and my ongoing pain is making the axe work with the infinity looper. it would seem that if i can get the looper to ignore sysex, everything would be fine, but i'm not sure i want to spend another ~$150 on the event processor just yet. as i said above, i'll contact Pigtronix. thanks!

UPDATE
Sweet, downgraded successfully to 2.2 and everything seems to be working how i had it. thanks!

Re: FIRMWARE 2.3 BETA 2

Ok, 2.3b2 is now available. This should fix the issues with the scenes switching incorrectly. Pressing an effect block IA will now only change that particular effect block.

Please give it a try if you have a chance!

rjmmusic said:
Ok, 2.3b2 is now available. This should fix the issues with the scenes switching incorrectly. Pressing an effect block IA will now only change that particular effect block.

Please give it a try if you have a chance!

sweet! i just finished a long practice session so my guitar is put away, but i loaded 2.3b2 and everything seems to work exactly like 2.2 did, plus the additions of 2.3.

Scene buttons definitely update when a Scene is selected on the Axe.

i tried Macros and they work, but as i said in a post above, it won't work too well with Scenes if you want that button to indicate the Scene you're currently in. i assume if you have another button as the Scene, it will update like normal though. so definitely an awesome way to group a ton of actions for easy loading later.

the Type right click menu seems to be completely fixed - i didn't try every single option, but what i did all works now.

i'll look into more 2.3 features later, but as far as not "breaking" anything from 2.2, so far so good! awesome, awesome!

Hi Ron. I updated the Firmware and now this old problem is back. The MMGT now doesn't show the correct Status [ON-OFF} of the IA Scene Switches. It changes the scene on the Axe but doesn't show me which Scene is on. They blink and change the scene and then go back to off. I used to be able to Pick Scene 1 and it would show On then pick Scene 2 and it would show on etc... Is it possible for it to show the Scene1 ON status at each Preset change ? Example: When I switch Presets and go to page 2 (IA Page) all IA Scene Switches are Off.
This was the original thread where we figured out how to make it work: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=919
I have a show tomorrow night how do I downgrade the Firmware to 2.2 ? I have a back-up.

Rain said:
Hi Ron. I updated the Firmware and now this old problem is back. The MMGT now doesn't show the correct Status [ON-OFF} of the IA Scene Switches. It changes the scene on the Axe but doesn't show me which Scene is on. They blink and change the scene and then go back to off. I used to be able to Pick Scene 1 and it would show On then pick Scene 2 and it would show on etc... Is it possible for it to show the Scene1 ON status at each Preset change ? Example: When I switch Presets and go to page 2 (IA Page) all IA Scene Switches are Off.
This was the original thread where we figured out how to make it work: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=919
I have a show tomorrow night how do I downgrade the Firmware to 2.2 ? I have a back-up.

the scenes work correctly for me. especially since 2.3 is supposed to poll the axe or somehow get its scene status.

what are your options set for the Scene button? the stuff like Momentary, Send on preset change, update on preset change, etc. what are all those settings?

to clarify - let's say you're on page 1 and press Scene 1 button. does that button stay lit? then you said you go to another page of buttons - is this IA Mode or an actual different page? and on that 2nd page, Scene 1 isn't lit?

i think it's all about the right combination of button settings. i'll see if i can confirm any of this on my unit with 2.3, but it's worked flawlessly since beta 2 for me. i pretty much played guitar ll day, but perhaps we use and programmed it differently?

would you be able to upload your preset file that has the problems? make sure to keep a separate copy of your main 2.2 setup safe!

Chris@KatsuKuriMedia said:
the scenes work correctly for me. especially since 2.3 is supposed to poll the axe or somehow get its scene status. It's polling the Axe Perfectly

I have 4 Scene Buttons 1-4 set up as Global Group 1[Send Off Messages On] Allow All Buttons Off[Off} and they are set as IA Switches. I use them on the IA Mode

what are your options set for the Scene button? the stuff like Momentary, Send on preset change, update on preset change, etc. what are all those settings?

Momentary(Off) Send on Preset Change (On) Update on Preset Change (On)

to clarify - let's say you're on page 1 and press Scene 1 button. does that button stay lit? then you said you go to another page of buttons - is this IA Mode or an actual different page? and on that 2nd page, Scene 1 isn't lit?
With 2.2 If I change to IA Mode I have Scenes 1-4 on Buttons 1-4. I have it set up to always go to Scene 1 on any Preset change. So let's say Preset 1 for example, I switch to IA Mode and the Scene 1 Button is lit up [On]. When I press The scene 2 button, the Scene 1 Button shuts off and the Scene 2 Button comes on etc...
When I tried 2.3 the Scene Status [On-Off] lights stopped working. The Scenes change and flash on then Quickly shut off.
I checked all the settings between my back-up 2.2 and the new Firmware and they all look the same.

I scared the crap out of myself trying to downgrade and got the same dark screens with random Characters you did....

i think it's all about the right combination of button settings. i'll see if i can confirm any of this on my unit with 2.3, but it's worked flawlessly since beta 2 for me. i pretty much played guitar ll day, but perhaps we use and programmed it differently?

would you be able to upload your preset file that has the problems? make sure to keep a separate copy of your main 2.2 setup safe!

Hi Chris it's Rain from the Axe Forum... thanks for the help great to see you on here. I highlighted my answers...

gotcha. maybe it's limited to IA mode? i don't use that since i don't have any preset buttons (or many system buttons), but i'll try it out later today as a test. i'm on 2.3b2 since it works for me, so i'll just make a new page.

Yes every button is set as an IA. It works perfect on 2.2. I'm starting my first set now.

What happens when you try it ?

oh i was referring specifically to the setting of "IA Link" on each button that has a Scene Action. is that setting on? i know your buttons have a type of IA.

it works for me when i switch pages, only if IA Link is turned on for every Scene button. if i have 3 Scene 1 buttons on different pages, and just one of them have IA Link set off, none of the Scene 1 buttons are on when i change to a different page.

i'll try to test some more later.

Back