FIRMWARE 2.3 BETA 3

Re: FIRMWARE 2.3 BETA 2

well of course i turn it on today and everything is working correctly :)

i'll update this if it happens again, but it was consistent yesterday. no idea!

i'm now experimenting with the MMGT as Master, and putting the Tap button with "Update on Preset Change" on! now the MMGT shows the tempo and forces the axe to that tempo too - albeit after the axe goes to 250 bpm briefly...

but now i can turn my Send Realtime SyxEx on the Axe to Tuner, instead of all - setting it to All or Tap makes the clicking noise in my system. maybe this is the best setting for me for now.

If you're using it as a MIDI clock master, remove any CC actions from the tempo button - the Axe-Fx might be getting confused when it receives both tap tempo and MIDI clock at the same time.

The clicking noise is something that others have encountered. It appears to be grounding related. Are you using a phantom power box? In it, I changed how the cables' grounds were connected and it seems that it works better than just a straight cable.

Minor bug: when selecting a preset from the Preset Menu, the Previous Preset functionality doesn't work.

rjmmusic said:
If you're using it as a MIDI clock master, remove any CC actions from the tempo button - the Axe-Fx might be getting confused when it receives both tap tempo and MIDI clock at the same time.

I did that and it still ramps all the way up to 250 (Axe max) then down to the selected tempo, although sometimes it's off by 1. i'm not worried about 1 bpm difference honestly, it's probably a known issue.

The clicking noise is something that others have encountered. It appears to be grounding related. Are you using a phantom power box? In it, I changed how the cables' grounds were connected and it seems that it works better than just a straight cable.

i am using the phantom power box and i'm pretty sure i got the clicking with it and with a straight cable.

i'll verify all of the crap i just said sometime soon since i can't seem to remember :p

Ok, since I'm still waiting for Kemper's new firmware, I've just released 2.3 beta 3. This one fixes preset actions so you can use them to select scenes on an Axe-fx. We also fixed support for the Switch Gizmo and added support for the Voodoo Lab pedal switcher.

Beta 3 installed successfully.

Converting settings took about a minute or so.

Tested the new preset+scene functionality briefly. Works fine.

i successfully installed Beta 3, but i could not "Read Settings from Device" on the Mac beta editor (latest Yosemite 10.10.2).

flashed back down to Beta 2 and it did work.

so i'm on Beta 2 for now :)

sweet! put Beta3 back on. sync with the editor works great now. adding a Preset Action for a particular Scene is just genius!

my scene setup is currently 1 Dry Clean, 2 Chorus Clean, 3 Some gain, 4 More Gain, 5 Lead and i usually use Scene 2 all the time. now i just make my preset choose Scene 2 and bam, done.

what's cool is that with the MMGT plugged in, even changing presets on the Axe front panel, it goes to the Scene i setup on the MMGT. nice!

i seriously love this MMGT!

2.3.0 is now available in a different post (at the top of the forum). You can now use it with the Kemper, but make sure that your KPA has version 3.0 installed!

I'm not sure the mmgt needs to do everything other devices do :)
Well, if it pretends to be the most advanced controller, it'll have to do what my Gordius can before I buy it.[/quote]

lol. I am not sure to be the most advanced controller means it has to have every function that all other controllers have. Gordius looks very powerful but without LCD for each button, I am not interested. That feature along with page per preset make the MMGT the most advanced in my eyes.

I am traveling a bunch lately and have not installed the latest FW. I get home saturday and looks like two weeks of no travel. I can't wait to mess with new FW.

Ok, 2.3.1 final is now available (at the top of the forum). The last changes were to improve Axe-Fx scene support. Now, IA buttons that call up Axe-Fx scenes should stay in sync with the Axe-Fx's current scene no matter how you configure the buttons (for example, a button that calls up one scene when on and one scene when off). I've also tested this with Kemper firmware 3.0.2 and it syncs well with performance mode, even when you go into bank/performance selection and let it time out.

Back