MASTERMIND PBC 3.0.1 Firmware & Editor

I've fixed a couple of bugs, one related to expression pedals, and the other to tap tempo, and have released it as the official 3.0. Come and get it!

FYI, there is one known issue - on PCs with very high resolution displays, the PC editing boxes on the Presets tab of the editor look a little weird. I'm working on it and will get it fixed.

FYI, there is one known issue - on PCs with very high resolution displays, the PC editing boxes on the Presets tab of the editor look a little weird. I'm working on it and will get it fixed.

I upgraded and now its acting funny. I set my presets to "show page" 7 when I call them up and that worked for most of presets except for preset 2. When ever this preset is called up its on the "loops" page. After messing with it and walked away for a bit I noticed that now all of my presets are pulling up with page 1 instead of page 7. Help!

Check all of your buttons that cause the PBC to switch pages. The buttons should be set with Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned OFF and Momentary turned ON. That will prevent those buttons from triggering when switching presets.

Check all of your buttons that cause the PBC to switch pages. The buttons should be set with Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned OFF and Momentary turned ON. That will prevent those buttons from triggering when switching presets.

Ill try it tonight! Thanks!

Ron,
Just updated to the new release and having a problem with IA buttons turning on/off loops. I have a button set up for my ambient reverb patch that activates a loop (loop 7) on a 2nd reverb. That button is grouped with a button that selects a short hall reverb sound, and with the beta firmware it would turn off loop 7 and change the patch. Now loop 7 is staying on when it shouldn't. It's probably something obvious, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Edit: Added a new action for the hall reverb button to turn off loop 7, and that seems to have fixed it. it worked without that action on the beta, so not sure why it didn't work on the release. The loop action on loop 7 is set to Audio/Loop#7 off:OFF, on:ON.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:
Ron,
Had to go back to the beta last night. There's something in the release that's causing the BigSky decay times to randomly go to maximum. Changing the preset corrects it, and it may or may not happen again... It happened three times last night over the course of about 2 hours with no apparent cause, and I couldn't recreate it.

Hey Ron, and what do you think if the BPM information stays on the screen all the time? could be in a small size on a corner maybe, just in case you need to check the song BPM during a song, hope it helps to improve the firmware updates... thanks..

I just thought.......is it possible to assign two function to a button preset?
Ex: I press the preset button the first time and i turn ON my Bogner blue pedal by a Function Switch and the loop that i need, then i press a second time and I turn off the Bogner, the loop previously activated, and activate the loop where is the chorus. Is it possible?

Ron,
Had to go back to the beta last night. There's something in the release that's causing the BigSky decay times to randomly go to maximum. Changing the preset corrects it, and it may or may not happen again... It happened three times last night over the course of about 2 hours with no apparent cause, and I couldn't recreate it.

Are you using the expression pedal or IA button to control the BigSky decay times?

I just thought.......is it possible to assign two function to a button preset?
Ex: I press the preset button the first time and i turn ON my Bogner blue pedal by a Function Switch and the loop that i need, then i press a second time and I turn off the Bogner, the loop previously activated, and activate the loop where is the chorus. Is it possible?

You can't do this with presets, only IA buttons.

Hey Ron, and what do you think if the BPM information stays on the screen all the time? could be in a small size on a corner maybe, just in case you need to check the song BPM during a song, hope it helps to improve the firmware updates... thanks..
I am considering that - it's difficult because there's not a lot of room on the screen, but I will probably find a place where it fits and makes sense.

Are you using the expression pedal or IA button to control the BigSky decay times?

I am using the expression pedal to control decay times on the BigSky. It's still doing it in the beta, but not as often... has only happened once with the beta.

I am using the expression pedal to control decay times on the BigSky. It's still doing it in the beta, but not as often... has only happened once with the beta.

When it does this, what position is the expression pedal in? (Or does it matter?) Is the expression pedal set to go to maximum decay time at one end of its travel?

When it does this, what position is the expression pedal in? (Or does it matter?) Is the expression pedal set to go to maximum decay time at one end of its travel?

It's not set to go to maximum decay, but in the toe down position it's at about 20% (7.5 seconds out of a maximum of 50 seconds).

Ok, you're right, Update on Preset Change needs to be on for sure. Also, it looks like the flash w/ tempo setting is interfering with the sending of taps. I'll look into it.

Ron,

were you ever able to figure what was going on here and correct it on the official 3.0 release? I doesn't seem to have corrected for me....

Back