Suggestions here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, droppin my 2 cents here...my idea isnt some technical electronic stuff, u guys can come up with that, i know nuts. Mine is simply...'a display' screen please :). I wanted so bad to get the Mastermind but instead got the Ground Control cos of display feature. If im playin those session gigs where there are 10 new songs with different effects on each parts of the song, i simply cant remember 5 presets every song based on a letter and a number display ;P. Especially if ur rig is gonna be like Eric Johnson with 6 amps and different ones with only certain effects on..."phew"...not that mine is...yet.

+1! I hate trying to remember preset numbers and a programmable display on the mastermind would definitely push me over the cliff...also, a head switcher. That's a superb idea....by the way thanks I wish more gear companies would develop a forum like this. Big points in customer service!!

oh, and sorry for the double post, but how about some version of the effect gizmo optimized for use on a pedalboard? Something like one of those Bradshaw creations where the switcher/patchbay is separate from the controller, or perhaps a combination unit like a hybrid effect gizmo/mastermind in one unit? There are a couple of companies that make similar products, but I would absolutely rather have a unit backed by RJM customer service...

oh yeah, and, would it be possible to make the dry mute on the mini line mixer switchable, so it could be switched on the fly for parallel/series operation? You know, for vibrato effects and such that need a dry kill....Thank you for humoring my ramblings.

I think the idea of a new midi foot controller with the same (more? ;) )fonctions as the AXESS FX1 and the same dimensions as the ROCKTRON All Access or a litlle bit bigger will be great... :mrgreen:
With this new midi foot controller we could choose 5,10 or 15 presets/bank like the AA.
I hope you understood everything...Excuse my poor english level! :oops:

I have an upgrade for the Y-Not :D
I have Music Man Petrucci Guitars with Piezo and you know how difficult it could be sometimes to switch fast from Magnetic to Piezo, so if the Y-Not has TRS-In you could connect the stereo cable there and the signal is splittet into the Piezo and the Magnetic, so you simply have to press one Button on your footcontroller. I think that's more comfortable. Yes i know I'm lazy :cool:

Dominik1986 said:
I have an upgrade for the Y-Not :D
I have Music Man Petrucci Guitars with Piezo and you know how difficult it could be sometimes to switch fast from Magnetic to Piezo, so if the Y-Not has TRS-In you could connect the stereo cable there and the signal is splittet into the Piezo and the Magnetic, so you simply have to press one Button on your footcontroller. I think that's more comfortable. Yes i know I'm lazy :cool:

I'll look into that - it might be an easy mod to make a Y-Not like this...

I'm most jealous - I'd love a guitar with built in piezos, but not going to happen anytime soon. The Ibanez Double Edge was never made available as a retro-fit item as far as I'm aware. I may have to wait until I hook myself up with an endorsement from someone or something :)

I dunno if it'd be a serious / wide market product, but I'd love something with more front pass-thrus, certainly if I ever rewire my rack and go back to a bigger case. An input selector (4 way or 4 way + mute), line mixer and passthrus for 4x MIDI (for those of us who use Pedalsnakes) and 3 or 4 jacks in a single rack unit would be awesome. Maybe a built in power supply with a couple of 9VAC 1A outlets as well? ;)

It would be cool if the Footcontroller would be like the Axess Electronics FX1, or more powerful, and Extensions would be nice too. Is there a Footcontroller already planned? If yes then I will wait until your Footcontroller will be released :cool:

Lots of people have asked for a larger MIDI controller, and we certainly listen to our customers. Doing a larger controller, especially the way I want to do it, is a big job. I'd like to have one out there, but I can't promise it in 2010 - too much to do!

I Once heard dave weiner talk that hes working with you with some kind of pedal board midi unit, much like a Musicomlab Efx mkii.

Im in the market to buy one of these i think yours would prob be much better than the musicomlab,

is there a said device in the works????? If so is it gonna be released in the next month or so, because thats when im planning to buy this unit.

soaringuitarist said:
If so is it gonna be released in the next month or so, because thats when im planning to buy this unit.
Product development life-cycles are not that fast. Even after a product is launched, it's usually a few months before they become available in any volume. While I don't know of anything definite about new products, I'd imagine RJM Music are working on launching some new products around early summer time, so they'd probably hit the shelves in early autumn (September / October time).

Yeah, it's only a design on paper right now. My goal is to have it out later this year. Wish me luck!

Dominik: A small looper would be a nice addition to the lineup, and would be a nice accessory for the pedalboard based switcher we're discussing. You never know... ;)

I would really like to see a expanded version of the Y-Not - with 3 amp outs , maybe in 1/2 rack format like the amp gizmo , or 1u rack format.

I would love to get a Y-Not , but I need to switch between 3 amps.

I'd rather prefer a little extension board for the Mastermind : 4 switches (one of them for Tap Tempo) more would be really nice to control a rig.
Beside, a new firmware with the two bank switches allowing 2 more CCs... that would be really great if possible !

divil said:
Like the idea of using the bank switches to send CC's....that would be cool.

Paul :D

I could possibly enable that - it's a little less useful doing CCs with those buttons because there are no LED indicators above the Bank buttons, but they could be used for stuff like tap tempo...

Whoop whoop ;)
Tap Tempo + Bypass on a multiFX, or mute to tune, or a general volume boost...

That would be very nice !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back