Recent content by JohnnyIndia

1. J

Delays and Reverbs with Trails and Effect Gizmo

So I'm thinking 1 switch: Click On: turns on loop and pedal via midi Click off: turns off pedal via midi (keeps loop open) Hold: closes loop. Would that work?
  2. J

Which Furman in your Effect Gizmo Rack?

Appreciate the response. I guess I'm not sure why you chose the P FR since the purpose of that particular Furman is to have a high current reserve so amps run optimally (get enough current) no matter what else is drawing power. Not sure how the P FR benefits RJM products and pedals more so than...
  3. J

Thanks! If you don't mind a couple more questions: any proximity noise? Could I have the P FR in the space right above the effect gizmo? Why'd you choose the P FR? I've heard it's specialized for high current devices like amps. Are you connecting your amps to it as well? Can you talk more...
  4. J

Looking into Furmans for my effect gizmo rack (to power effect gizmo, Strymon Zuma/Ojai pedal power supplies and a single AC wall wart for a Mutron 3x). Any benefits from a higher end model? Looking at the PL Pro DMC, or the 1800 P FR (so I could also plug my amp into the rack). Concern however...
  5. J

Delays and Reverbs with Trails and Effect Gizmo

Trying to determine the best way to program the following. I have a few pedals which I use in trails mode, that as a result have some added noise/hiss when they are in the signal chain. For example, my Moog MF104M has a fair amount of hiss when it's in trails mode. Initially, I was not going to...
  6. J

Click Stopper - Do you use it or not?

Going to be using an Effect Gizmo instead of the MEGs. Is the Click Stopper (In and Out) a separate buffer circuit from the Dedicated Buffer? I am going to use the dedicated Buffer at the start of Loop 2 for a Wah Pedal (20' out and back). I plan on inserting the Click Stopper after Loop 8. Does...
  7. J

Setting up an IA for the Digitech Whammy DT

Since there is no bidirectional communication between the Whammy V (and DD-500), once I set them up this way, what happens if I turn the pedal on/off on the actual pedal? I'm assuming that the GT22 won't be able to know that I've activated the pedal independently...so let's say I turn on the...
  8. J

Expression pedal with Mastermind

I am interested in the Volcano, though not sure if it's still too difficult to use with a Mastermind GT 22. I'd like the ability to have it always on as a volume pedal, while also setting the toe down level per preset (i.e. certain presets will have toe down 0db, others +2, +3db, -1db, etc.). So...
  9. J

How to connect GT22 to Ableton, Axe FX and MEGs (send and receive midi)

I would connect the GT directly using USB though I am a bit worried about the security of a USB connection and also, long cable runs from the GT to the rack, which would be about 15-20 feet. So Axe FX > Mastermind GT and then the Axe FX Midi Through to the Fireface interface, and to the first...
  10. J

How to connect GT22 to Ableton, Axe FX and MEGs (send and receive midi)

How would I connect a GT22 to do the following: A) Control Ableton Live as a Midi Controller through RME Fireface UC Interface B) Be controlled by Ableton Live - Ableton will be sending midi clock, as well as preset change messages to the GT22 C) Control 3 Mini Effect Gizmos D) Control an Axe...
  11. J

MLM w/ MEG - Dual Mono Outputs, Buffer, etc.

I would like to use a mini line mixer with a mini effect gizmo to switch 2 delays and a reverb in parallel. If I want the final output of my pedal rig to go to 2 amps, can I just use the L and R to go to both amps in dual mono (no stereo fx)...if this is possible, any grounding or phasing...
  12. J

Great. Will this work the same for the new Boss DD-500? The Boss can have 3 presets as well, so I'd want to run that similar to the Whammy.
  13. J

Just watched the video; my goal is to use a Whammy V to have 3 of it's settings on/off, assigned to only 3 switches - octave up, octave down and harmonizer octaves are the settings...would like 3 switches that can be on/off, and that are part of a group, so only one can be on at a time....it...
  14. J

Click Stopper - Do you use it or not?

Hi, I'm in the process of building a rig around 3 mini effect gizmos, and wondering how others are liking the click stopper? Do you find they are useful/necessary? I've only briefly used the MEGs while planning my rig, but I noticed that if I switch a loop while sustaining a note or chord, the...
Back