The Tone Saver is the same audio buffer circuit found in our high end audio switching products such as the Mini Effect Gizmo and the Effect Gizmo, but placed in a compact pedal sized enclosure. This is an ideal addition to any pedal board or rack system.
Any time you add effects or long cables to your guitar rig, you will lose some of your guitar’s tone. The treble will start to roll off, resulting in a dull tone that is missing some of the life it had when you you were plugging straight into the amp. This can happen whether you’re using true bypass effects or using effects that have low quality buffers in them. Adding the Tone Saver will properly buffer your guitar’s signal, greatly diminishing any tone loss and bringing back the sparkle and detail you were missing. The vast majority of pro guitar rigs will include one or more buffers for this reason.
The Tone Saver runs on 9 volts like most effects pedals, but internally converts that 9 volts up to 18 volts, which results in increased audio performance and more headroom than you’ll ever need. There is also a transformer isolated output that allows you to split your guitar’s signal to a tuner or second amp without signal loss or hum due to ground loops.
Add a Tone Saver to your guitar rig and get back the tone you’ve been missing out on!
- The pro-quality buffer circuit provides the most natural and transparent guitar tone, allowing your guitar to sound its best
- Internal voltage conversion converts the 9 volt input to 18 volts, providing a very clean signal with more headroom that you’ll ever need
- Isolated output allows you to split your signal path to other devices without hum from ground loops
- The isolated output also doubles as a balanced output when used with a TRS cable, allowing you to send the signal to a balanced guitar input
- Screwdriver adjustable gain control allows you to dial in a volume boost if needed.
- 3 year limited warranty
- Connections: Input, Output, and Isolated/Balanced Output
- Gain adjust trimmer: adjustable from 0 to 15dB gain
- Internal ground lift switch for the isolated output
- Input impedance: 500k ohms, output impedance: 150 ohms
- Dimensions: 4.4 x 2.4 x 1.1 inches (11.2 x 6.0 x 2.7 cm)
- Weight: 6.2oz (176 g)
- Power Requirements: 9VDC center negative @
10mA (uses standard BOSS type power supplies)
- Made in the USA
- You can use the Tone Saver as buffer to split your signal into two outputs without losing tone. This second output can be used to send to a second amp, to a tuner, or any other device.
- The Tone Saver can be used on a pedalboard to help eliminate tone loss in large (or not so large) pedalboards.
When you have long cable runs and/or are running through multiple effects pedals, you are adding more and more capacitance to your signal. As a result, your high end frequencies will start becoming “muddy” sounding and dull. Using a buffer will help retain and restore the clarity of your guitar’s signal.
The Tone Saver has an adjustable gain control that can be used for a volume boost, almost like a preamp. This is especially helpful for lower output pickups like single coils. It also has a second isolated output that allows you to split your signal without grounding issues or tone loss.
The Tone Saver has two outputs, both of which are buffered. The normal output is best to run the rest of your signal chain. The Iso Out is buffered and isolated, and is best used to run to your second amp or tuner.
The placement of the Tone Saver will vary from user to user, but it is recommended to place the Tone Saver as early as possible in your chain, right before your first pedal.