MASTERMIND GT FIRWARE/EDITOR 4.1 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron,

*****************update 3:20pm****************
I was able to create a workaround for the issue below. I added a new generic midi device to my mmgt setup, and assigned it the same midi channel as the axe. I then created an IA switch, assiged it to the generic midi device, and seutp a midi cc to an open slot for scene increment. (cc togle #112 off:None on:127). I then assigned that midi cc on the axe.

Works like a charm.

Would still appreciate some comments on my original post though.
Thanks!

*****************Original post*******************

I have an IA switch setup to increment scenes, but, it does not appear to be working. On the MMGT, I have

"CC Togle #123 off:None on:127", and, on my AXE III i setup scene increment to be midi CC 123.

Would this seutp work in the latest release?

Running 4.1 B2 on the MMGT22 and 1.14 on the AXE.

Also, do we need to setup the AXE to a specific list of MIDI CCs for the different blocks?
When I first received my AXE III, I setup the MIDI CC's on the AXE to match the AXE MKII+. However, that dpes not appear to work anymore.

For example, I have an IA setup on my MMGT to disable all amps and cabs on the axe3. I was using midi CC 38-40, and had those setup on the AXE as well. Now when I press that IA, the inputs on the axe turn on & off.

Or is all of this moot given that you have created the device specific integration? In other words, if I am using AXE mode on the mmgt, do I even need to configure any MIDI CCs on the axe? Or, is that only if i'm using generic midi controller mode?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Because there are more things to control on the Axe-Fx III than there are available CC numbers, we've had to make some changes to how things work.
  • There is a new list of CCs in the GT and editor that have to be used with the Axe-Fx III
  • Most CC number settings in the Axe-Fx are ignored
  • The exceptions are the external controllers and scene increment/decrement, these have to be assigned CC numbers in the Axe-Fx
  • External controller 1 should be assigned to CC11, external controller 2 to CC12, etc.
  • Scene inc/dec can be any other CC as long as the number is below CC27. Anything above CC27 is already used for effect blocks, looper, etc.
There are some more details here:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/axe-fx-iii-support-behind-the-scenes.3216/

Thanks, that is what I expected. Didnt realize it was being converted to sysex, but, makes sense.

May I add a feature request for Scene Increment/Scene Decrement please? No rush as I have a workaround (although, my scene names do not update with my workaround).

Thanks!

I have a strange screen with garbage on the LCD's after the update, no color, no preset on main screen, everything was fine with beta 1, did the update as usual, downloaded twice the beta 2 with same results. I can't access the setup menu once this on screen, had to go back to beta 1.

Do you have your original beta 1 settings file? If so, please send to me and I'll investigate. It does appear that there's something going on in settings conversion.

So far so good!

A few things:

- As reported the button display brightness is very high at default. No difference between dark and not dark.

- I can make the GT adhere to preset changes on the III itself. But I haven’t yet succeeded in making the GT follow scene changes on the III. IGNORE CC INCOMING is set to off. Is it necessary to enter CCs for Scene Inc/Dec on the III for this to work, or is this not supported?

- On hardware: where do I configure the external switches?

- Scene buttons: is it necessary to include these in a group? Reason: I don’t want a scene button to turn off (visually) when pressed a 2nd time.

Last edited:
Hi Ron, will this be able to implemented with Sysex ? This Quote is from the new Axe III Frimware 1.15 Beta.
“Added Output 1 Volume Increment and Output 1 Volume Decrement CC assignments. When the CC assigned to Volume Increment/Decrement is received the scene volume for Output 1 is incremented or decremented by 1 dB and the preset automatically saved.”

Hi Ron, will this be able to implemented with Sysex ? This Quote is from the new Axe III Frimware 1.15 Beta.
“Added Output 1 Volume Increment and Output 1 Volume Decrement CC assignments. When the CC assigned to Volume Increment/Decrement is received the scene volume for Output 1 is incremented or decremented by 1 dB and the preset automatically saved.”

So far, no, unless Cliff adds it to the third party MIDI interface spec the Axe-Fx uses. You'll have to assign CCs to them (CC26 or lower) and manually set up IA buttons.

So far, no, unless Cliff adds it to the third party MIDI interface spec the Axe-Fx uses. You'll have to assign CCs to them (CC26 or lower) and manually set up IA buttons.
Thanks Ron I’ll assign them to CC’s 26 or lower... no problem. I’ve been asking Fractal for this Option for years so I can adjust the Volume while performing.

So far so good!

A few things:

- As reported the button display brightness is very high at default. No difference between dark and not dark.

- I can make the GT adhere to preset changes on the III itself. But I haven’t yet succeeded in making the GT follow scene changes on the III. IGNORE CC INCOMING is set to off. Is it necessary to enter CCs for Scene Inc/Dec on the III for this to work, or is this not supported?

- On hardware: where do I configure the external switches?

- Scene buttons: is it necessary to include these in a group? Reason: I don’t want a scene button to turn off (visually) when pressed a 2nd time.

I will look into the brightness issues - was this after a factory reset, or were the settings converted from beta 1? There's an issue with local settings (brightness, contrast, etc.) I found in settings conversion when going to 4.1b2 from earlier releases.

In general, there's not going to be support for changes on the Axe-Fx showing up automatically on the GT. In the Axe-Fx II, it would notify the controller when anything changes, but this does not happen in the III.

You should be able to edit external switches by going to Edit Buttons and pressing an external switch. (Admittedly, I have not tested this in a long time, but it should still work).

You don't need to put scene buttons in a group, the GT manages them for you, updating all scene buttons when scenes change. It shouldn't turn off when pressed a second time.

I will look into the brightness issues - was this after a factory reset, or were the settings converted from beta 1? There's an issue with local settings (brightness, contrast, etc.) I found in settings conversion when going to 4.1b2 from earlier releases.

This was after a factory reset.

In general, there's not going to be support for changes on the Axe-Fx showing up automatically on the GT. In the Axe-Fx II, it would notify the controller when anything changes, but this does not happen in the III.

Clear! Not a problem.

You should be able to edit external switches by going to Edit Buttons and pressing an external switch. (Admittedly, I have not tested this in a long time, but it should still work).

Indeed, works. Would never have guessed this. :)

You don't need to put scene buttons in a group, the GT manages them for you, updating all scene buttons when scenes change. It shouldn't turn off when pressed a second time.

I configured them manually, changing preset buttons into scene buttons. But they turn off when pressed a 2nd time. None of the options are enabled except Global and IA Link.

Thank you for putting so much effort into this! I have found one strange thing on in the beta2 (I come from beta1 on a GT16). In beta1 I had the "Scenes/Song" set to 6 but now with the Beta2 I followed the instructions in the video and set the "Create Songs" to "off".
When I select a new preset e.g. going from Preset 1 (Scene 1) to e.g. preset 5, then Scene 5 is automatically selected in Preset 5. I.e. the Scene # which is automatically selected when changing preset is corresponding with the Preset #. Furthermore when I select Preset#7, Scene #1 is selected, Preset#8 selects Scene#2 ,i.e.
Preset# n -> Scene n
Preset# n+6 -> Scene n
Preset# n+12 -> Scene n
I have not tried to change the "Scene/song" to another number (currently 6) but I would assume that the "n" then would correspond with the selected number.
Anyone else experiencing this or have I set some parameter(s) wrong? When going back to setting "Create Songs" to "On" and running the GT16 as I did with beta1 everything is fine.

In case anyone else runs into this, "Get Preset Names" on beta 1 puts a preset action on each preset which selects a specific scene. Deleting those actions will fix it, but factory resetting is easier. This doesn't happen in beta 2.

[QUOTE="Alexander, post: 15771, member: 1567"
I configured them manually, changing preset buttons into scene buttons. But they turn off when pressed a 2nd time. None of the options are enabled except Global and IA Link.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I see the issue. On the scene buttons, set the Off values to be the same as On values and it should work correctly. Both should be set to desired scene number minus 1. That will be the default from now on.

[QUOTE="Alexander, post: 15771, member: 1567"
I configured them manually, changing preset buttons into scene buttons. But they turn off when pressed a 2nd time. None of the options are enabled except Global and IA Link.

Ok, I see the issue. On the scene buttons, set the Off values to be the same as On values and it should work correctly. Both should be set to desired scene number minus 1. That will be the default from now on.[/QUOTE]

And it's fixed. Thanks!

So far so good!

A few things:

Is this something that you can correct by adjusting the button display brightness? I can see some brightness issues after settings conversion, but none after factory reset and none that affect the bright/dark color pairs.

When you do a factory reset, are you doing it on the unit itself, or by sending new settings from the editor? The only relevant difference between the two is that the editor doesn't affect the local contrast, brightness, etc. settings.

Is this something that you can correct by adjusting the button display brightness? I can see some brightness issues after settings conversion, but none after factory reset and none that affect the bright/dark color pairs.

When you do a factory reset, are you doing it on the unit itself, or by sending new settings from the editor? The only relevant difference between the two is that the editor doesn't affect the local contrast, brightness, etc. settings.

Happened after a factory reset through the hardware UI.

Adjusted the brightness through the hardware as well.

Multiplexer 1 currently shows 4 channels in the menu.
What / How do we need to configure to expand it to 6 channels?

Multiplexer 1 currently shows 4 channels in the menu.
What / How do we need to configure to expand it to 6 channels?

I wasn't sure how to word this, but using CC values 1-6, you can select all 6 scenes. However, cycle buttons are limited to 4 steps. By editing the button, you can change which of the 6 channels are selected, but you can only have 4 values assigned to the button. So, your button can access ABCD or CDEF or ABEF or whatever, but there can be no more than 4 steps on it. If you were to use another method, like 6 grouped buttons, each that selects a different channel, it would work (but it's admittedly not a good solution).

People have been asking to increase the steps limit for quite a while, and I haven't done it because it will require a major overhaul of how some things work under the hood. Implementing IA Cycle was kind of a hack, and the method I used breaks down when you have more than 4 steps. That said, I'll try to get to it when I can, but it's probably not going to happen soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back