Search results

1. Devan Bumstead

multibox question

You can always try but in my personal experience Strymon is very picky. I demonstrate how I’m accomplishing my Strymon midi loop in this video using the Multibox. I’ve since updated a few things and this photo represents my new midi routing but the same principle applies—the Strymons are in...
  2. Devan Bumstead

Search Function Mastermind Editor

I'll just pop on to say I came to suggest this also. I have 500+ presets and 150+ songs. Being able to alphabetize them would be a very very welcome addition to the editor. Thanks for considering it Ron!
  3. Devan Bumstead

Introducing the MultiBox

Just wanted to stop back in and say, IT WORKED! I am now simultaneously controlling Strymon Nixie, the Mastermind Editor, HX Edit, and ToneX software all from a single USB port on the side of my board (with a simple unpowered USB hub underneath). Super grateful for the Multibox!
  4. Devan Bumstead

Introducing the MultiBox

Before I start wiring everything up, let me see if this is correct. I have 7 midi devices on my pedalboard: Stryfecta, (2) ToneX Pedals, Poly Beebo, POG2 (with midi mod) If I want to keep the Stryfecta in its own loop to make sure it comes back into the Multibox, could the rest of my devices...
  5. Devan Bumstead

Introducing the MultiBox

Thanks so much! And actually, I just remembered I missed one feature I was also hoping for. In addition to controlling both editors, I would ideally also like to be able to have the PBC6X receive an incoming MIDI signal from an external source to change presets. Would ALL of this still be...
  6. Devan Bumstead

Introducing the MultiBox

For context—I’m running an analog pedalboard with a PBC6X and several midi devices including the Stryfecta. I’ve been trying to find a solution where I can view Nixie and the PBC Editor simultaneously. Can this box help accomplish that? If not through a single USB then I’d be fine putting MIDI...
  7. Devan Bumstead

Audio Gap When Switching Presets on PBC/6X

Thanks Gunner666 and RJM. So I do still have the issue and it happens on every preset. I've had the issue from the beginning and it's never went away. But, I am sending CC messages and PC messages on every preset. I have CC stuff going to my POG2, Blossom, and Mobius and PC stuff going to...
  8. Devan Bumstead

PBC/6X & Protein Overdrive Wiring

Weird. It was totally posted in that thread before but I don't see it anymore. Here it is again:
  9. Devan Bumstead

So, I haven't unplugged each pedal yet but I confirmed that there's an audio gap between every preset, no matter what drives or other stuff is on. I'll attach the config file in case there's a clue in there somewhere.
  10. Devan Bumstead

I’m noticing a slight audio gap when switching presets on my PBC/6X. Anyone else have this issue or know the culprit? I’m having the PBC control a lot of things at once (Mobius, Timeline, BigSky, Iridium, & Bloom + 5 overdrives including a split mono) (the Stryfecta and the Iridium are in...
  11. Devan Bumstead

PBC 6x / Iridium setup

Welcome to the wonderful world of the PBC and midi! It’s a mind-bender at first but incredibly rewarding when you get it dialed in. I have a Disaster Area Midi Box 4 controlling my Iridium and Jackson Bloom. It’s flawless. I highly recommend that box. It has standard midi in and thru jacks so...
  12. Devan Bumstead

PBC6X / Meris Pedals / Nixie / MIDI Forwarding or MIDI Out

After trying that, Nixie still did not recognize my Strymon pedals. Nixie does recognize my pedals when I put a jumper cable to close the circuit on my in and out jacks and turn on midi forwarding...but Nixie doesn’t run smoothly, at times shutting off completely. I’m still hunting for a way...
  13. Devan Bumstead

Please recommend plug and cable for making TRS patch cables

Yeah...yours look better than mine haha. I just didn't really spend much time trying, figured may be more effort than just stripping them back. But now people can see both options.
  14. Devan Bumstead

Please recommend plug and cable for making TRS patch cables

So I just completed a pedalboard build with the PBC/6X and Square Plugs SP400s for mono and SP550-S for stereo. I bought Mogami 2528 per PianoMan's suggestion but I personally couldn't fit the whole cables in there. However, with a little effort I made it work. See my pics for details.
  15. Devan Bumstead

So I got it all working, but not without some head scratching at first! I initally just made TRS cables and wired the send on one side and the return on the other. That method didn't work. It was basically just like wiring up a regular pedal, the sides weren't split. But then I actually read the...
  16. Devan Bumstead

Actually...I just tried all that and still couldn't get it to work. So, when I turn off MIDI Forwarding it gives me three options: In, Out, and USB. Which one(s) should be checked? I tried a number of combinations with no luck but I'm curious what it's supposed to be set at.
  17. Devan Bumstead

Ahh...I had everything correct except the MIDI Merge ON! Thanks RJM. I'll try that. As far as the pedal chain, what I've got set up is what you've listed.
  18. Devan Bumstead

Riddle me this. I'm using the PBC/6X and wiring up a new board with Midi IN and OUT jacks on the side (I made my own MIDI Y cable and it works great). My hope was to be able to use the Mastermind Editor and Nixie side by side without issue. In theory I'd love to connect the PBC to my...
  19. Devan Bumstead

It’s good to know it’ll work with the CA-1007. Thanks!! In my case, Mogami would be more complicated cause I’d have to order it.
Back