MASTERMIND GT 4.1beta1 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
REQUEST:

Ron,

Would it be possible to add "Scene Menu" as an IA function, similar to Preset Menu, Song Menu and Page Menu?

This would allow us to press a single button and get an overview of all scenes of the current preset, including downloaded scene names of course.

I understand that I can possibly create one myself, using IA Cycle + Menu, like with Channel Select, but it'd be easier if was a common action.

Last edited:
BUG REPORT:

The "Hold mSec" parameter on the hardware doesn't allow entering more than 1 digit.

When I leave it empty it defaults to "200".

It works fine in the software editor.

Last edited:
REQUEST:

To make the display less crowded, I'd prefer to leave out the preceding "Channel" title on the bottom half of IA buttons, or shorten it to something like "ch." or whatever.

I tried to adjust the settings (on hardware) in the Hold button configuration, including the names of the steps, but it changes back automatically to "Channel". Is it a fixed / protected name?

Last edited:
I have the the other phantom power box the one with one input that I use to connect to my axe fx 2 then I go out of there via a 6 pin midi XLR to the GT. Has anyone tried to hook up the one input Phantom power box to the Axe III?

BUG REPORT:

The COPY BUTTON feature on the hardware does not include parameter values from the HOLD section.

I have the the other phantom power box the one with one input that I use to connect to my axe fx 2 then I go out of there via a 6 pin midi XLR to the GT. Has anyone tried to hook up the one input Phantom power box to the Axe III?

Yes. Doesn't work as reported earlier in this thread.

BUG REPORT:

The GT only sets up bank 1. When I try to access presets above 127, things go wrong.

Last edited:
Warning: in MIDI Settings do not change the MIDI Rx Channel (off by default). When you change it to channel 1, unexpected things start to happen.

This does mean that the GT doesn't adhere to preset switching on the III itself.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Really? so we have to buy the 2 input phantom power box to make it all work with the III? That's a shame.

It seems that the III doesn't support bidirectional MIDI over its MIDI IN port. But that hasn't been confirmed yet, by RJM or FAS.

It seems that the III doesn't support bidirectional MIDI over its MIDI IN port. But that hasn't been confirmed yet, by RJM or FAS.

Gotcha! Probably best to hang back and see what Ron and FAS come up with. the firmware is only in the Beta phase the moment so that could all change.

BUG REPORT:

A weird one. When Setup > Display Settings > Reverse Menus is turned on, Channel Select won't work anymore. It will not let you select A B C D.

In the old Axe-Fx mode IA Mode made the bottom row reveal the Scene buttons. If you weren't in IA mode the bottom row displayed presets. I'd imagine this should still be possible? If not with the current beta then in the future. Hope so. This is how I use it now with the II but I'm anxiously looking to bringing the III out live with the GT22. I do like how the current scene name is displayed under the preset name in the main window but if I can get it to work the same way the II worked with the addition of the scene names being displayed on the scene buttons I don't know that that would matter. I think what's shown in Ron's video is an awesome start. Looking forward to getting the GT22 up and running with the III. Thanks Ron!

In the old Axe-Fx mode IA Mode made the bottom row reveal the Scene buttons. If you weren't in IA mode the bottom row displayed presets. I'd imagine this should still be possible? If not with the current beta then in the future. Hope so. This is how I use it now with the II but I'm anxiously looking to bringing the III out live with the GT22. I do like how the current scene name is displayed under the preset name in the main window but if I can get it to work the same way the II worked with the addition of the scene names being displayed on the scene buttons I don't know that that would matter. I think what's shown in Ron's video is an awesome start. Looking forward to getting the GT22 up and running with the III. Thanks Ron!

Yes, still possible. Just don't select Get Scenes when executing Get Preset Names. But with this beta you won't get the scene names from your III when you do this.

Yes, still possible. Just don't select Get Scenes when executing Get Preset Names. But with this beta you won't get the scene names from your III when you do this.
Hi Yek, I tried that and it didn’t work.

What about having the "IA" button cycle through 3 (or more) pages, one that shows the scenes, another for presets, etc.?

Hi Yek, I tried that and it didn’t work.

- When setting up the GT, replace the Effect Gizmo device with the III, instead of deleting the Gizmo and adding the III as a new device. Because if you do delete all devices first and then add the III, the preset buttons won't work!
- Import all preset names (without Get Scenes).
- The presets buttons on the bottom row should now be functional.
- Now edit each preset button, adding an IA action (for IA Mode) for Scene Select.

Press IA Mode to reveal the scene buttons.

That's it.

Last edited:
Is there
- When setting up the GT, replace the Effect Gizmo device with the III, instead of deleting the Gizmo and adding the III as a new device.
- Import all preset names (without Getting Scenes).
- The presets buttons on the bottom row should now be functional.
- Now edit each preset button, adding an IA action (for IA Mode). The action should be set to Scene Select.

Press IA Mode to reveal the scene buttons.

That's it.
Is there a quick way to do that en masse for all presets, or do you have to do each one individually?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back