MASTERMIND GT 4.1beta1 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there

Is there a quick way to do that en masse for all presets, or do you have to do each one individually?

This is just on the main button page. You can copy and paste a button and then edit it. It’s not necessary to do this for each preset.

David, this is not III-specific. If you are not that familiar with the GT yet, I suggest posting questions separately in the forum. Because this thread deals specifically with the III's new features, finding bugs etc.

Last edited:
This is just on the main button page. You can copy and paste a button and then edit it. It’s not necessary to do this for each preset.

David, this is not III-specific. If you are not that familiar with the GT yet, I suggest posting questions separately in the forum. Because this thread deals specifically with the III's new features, finding bugs etc.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize other devices had both presets and scenes, like the Fractal units. I thought this was a Fractal-specific thing and I was trying to get it to work correctly with my Axe-FX III

- When setting up the GT, replace the Effect Gizmo device with the III, instead of deleting the Gizmo and adding the III as a new device.
- Import all preset names (without Getting Scenes).
- The presets buttons on the bottom row should now be functional.
- Now edit each preset button, adding an IA action (for IA Mode). The action should be set to Scene Select.

Press IA Mode to reveal the scene buttons.

That's it.

Thanks Yek...
Ok, Figured it out... I had to go into the AXEFX III Midi Settings and turn on
[On] Program Change..

Last edited:
[BUG]

So here's a weird bug I've come across. On the GT-22, any button with Channel selection as a Hold function will only work when it's in the 2nd-from-the-bottom row. These IA buttons, even when copy-pasted directly in the editor, won't work if they're on the bottom, 3rd, or 4th row.

They work fine on the 2nd row though.

Last edited:
[BUG]

So here's a weird bug I've come across. On the GT-22, any button with Channel selection as a Hold function will only work when it's in the 2nd-from-the-bottom row. These IA buttons, even when copy-pasted directly in the editor, won't work if they're on the bottom, 3rd, or 4th row.

They work fine on the 2nd row though.

Not doing that here. Did you change any system from default? As reported above, I’ve noticed that changing Display Settings > Reverse Menus messes up Channel Select.

It looks like there are various bugs (mentioned in this thread) that apply to the IA function presets/scenes on the bottom row. When this settles out, what is the correct forum/thread to ask about getting this setup working correctly for an Axe-FX III. I would like to be able to have the IA butoon switch between presets and scenes on the bottom row for an Axe-FX III. I am familiar with the GT22. I had it working this way with an Axe-FX II. Now I have III and it doesn't seem to work that way, even after a factory reset and upgrading the firmware on both the GT22 and the Axe-FX III to the latest versions, "getting presets", etc., as shown in the video and referred to here. I am trying to be as specific as I can.

Last edited:
Yes, the boxes with multiple MIDI ports (made to work with the Kemper) will still let you run a single cable with phantom power to the GT.

I currently use the Phantom Power Adapter - DIN7F (one input) with a 7 pin midi from the GT to the adapter into the Midi in on the Axe II XL+. works like a champ.

I'm converting to the Axe III and wanted to use my same 7pin midi from the GT to get bi-directional midi to the Axe III by using the phantom power Adapter DIN7F (two inputs).

I ran the 7pin from the GT to the adapter then ran a 5 pin midi from the midi input port to the Axe III midi in and then ran a 5 pin midi from the Axe III midi out to the midi output port on the adapter.

I get info from the Axe III (tempo changes if I change on the panel face and if I change the preset on the AXE III my GT displays the new preset).

However, no commands from the GT are going into the Axe III (no Midi in light, no tempo changes from tap tempo and definitely no preset changes)

I hooked up two 5 pin midi cables (in/out) from the GT to the back of the Axe III and used the power cord and everything works.

Do I have a bad dual port adapter or did I miss a configuration change required on either the axe III or the GT?

I currently use the Phantom Power Adapter - DIN7F (one input) with a 7 pin midi from the GT to the adapter into the Midi in on the Axe II XL+. works like a champ.

I'm converting to the Axe III and wanted to use my same 7pin midi from the GT to get bi-directional midi to the Axe III by using the phantom power Adapter DIN7F (two inputs).

I ran the 7pin from the GT to the adapter then ran a 5 pin midi from the midi input port to the Axe III midi in and then ran a 5 pin midi from the Axe III midi out to the midi output port on the adapter.

I get info from the Axe III (tempo changes if I change on the panel face and if I change the preset on the AXE III my GT displays the new preset).

However, no commands from the GT are going into the Axe III (no Midi in light, no tempo changes from tap tempo and definitely no preset changes)

I hooked up two 5 pin midi cables (in/out) from the GT to the back of the Axe III and used the power cord and everything works.

Do I have a bad dual port adapter or did I miss a configuration change required on either the axe III or the GT?
Did you go into the AXEFX III Midi Settings and turn on
[On] Program Change..?

BUG REPORT:

With Get Scenes enabled when fetching preset names, preset functionality changes into scenes functionality, systemwide.

Preset buttons become Scene buttons, the Preset Menu changes into a Scenes menu (covering scenes in multiple presets), etc.

I can't tell if this is a bug or intentional. I know that I would vote against it, as it is very confusing and totally changes the way I set up the GT.

I prefer keeping things as they were, and adding support for the new Axe-Fx III features on top of that, such as display of scene names fetched from the III, preset+scene titles in the main display, etc. Alas, these features are not available unless we perform Get Scenes with its downfalls.

Same here.. they way I used it with my II was I had on the first page 4 scene buttons, and the rest were effects and one that goes to page 2, page 2 was all presets, so i could see 12 or so at a time, with bank buttons and upon selecting it went automatically back to the page 1. This wont work now because the Preset buttons are being re-purposed into Scene buttons. I think he needs to add a new type of button for scenes.

I’ll check my settings when I get home and let you know. I have it all working.:)

Last edited:
4289B248-32AD-437C-A53D-DA55DCA1220B.jpeg 5C1DA25E-D2AE-425E-85E6-96F363E6274C.jpeg 21C4BBBC-202E-40EA-B65E-450E6C38221E.jpeg 1CC69A81-ECAC-4E4F-A793-D53EDD43E18C.jpeg C3ECD74B-D6E8-45B3-9CD1-8A214A1EEA6D.jpeg Ok these are my Settings on the MMGT22.
I have the Bottom 1-6 Buttons as Presets on the Main Screen. In IA Mode Buttons 1-5 Switch to
Scene 1-5 Buttons. Button 6 is a GEQ IA.
Presets, Scenes, Tuner, Tempo,Expression Pedals,all working.

Last edited:
Wow, guys, I leave for a couple days and look what happens...

1). The Axe-Fx III does not support bidirectional MIDI at all. Confirmed by Fractal. You need to run two cables from the Axe-Fx, although you can use our 2-input phantom power box (with 7-pin or XLR output) to combine those into a single connection to the GT.

2). The Get Preset Names with Scenes is working as intended. I find that mapping scenes to GT presets works really well, and allows you to send messages to other devices, and more, when you change scenes. I will have to think about how I would do it without presets. The scene names have to be stored somewhere within the existing data structures we have (songs, presets, pages, etc.). I suppose I could create a local button page for every preset and dump the scene names in there, but it would be kinda inefficient and there would have to be a fixed default location for scene buttons so the get preset names process could overwrite them. This is going to take some thinking...

3). The issues with Reverse Menus, Copy Button, Hold mSec are noted - I'll work on that.

This sounds to me like you need to change the device model to "Axe-Fx III" in the Devices page. I'm guessing it's set to one of the "Axe-Fx II" models.

Yes, I'm curious what the purpose is of the IA Mode Only parameter. I've noticed it is being used for the "Channel" functionality.

I updated the top of this post with this description:

New button options for hold functions: "IA Mode Only" makes the hold function only work when IA mode is active. It will also only be displayed when IA Mode is active. "Show Name" allows to you turn on or off the display of the hold function's name in the button display.

The reason for IA Mode Only is for buttons like Bank Up/Down, that have secondary functions in IA Mode. If IA Mode Only wasn't available, the Bank buttons would look like: "Bank Up / Channel A" - the "Channel A" text from the hold function would be visible on the bank button, and it wouldn't really make sense. What we really want is the hold function only to be available in IA Mode, when the Effect on/off is the main button function. Try turning off IA Mode Only on the Bank buttons for a demonstration.

It looks like there are various bugs (mentioned in this thread) that apply to the IA function presets/scenes on the bottom row. When this settles out, what is the correct forum/thread to ask about getting this setup working correctly for an Axe-FX III. I would like to be able to have the IA butoon switch between presets and scenes on the bottom row for an Axe-FX III. I am familiar with the GT22. I had it working this way with an Axe-FX II. Now I have III and it doesn't seem to work that way, even after a factory reset and upgrading the firmware on both the GT22 and the Axe-FX III to the latest versions, "getting presets", etc., as shown in the video and referred to here. I am trying to be as specific as I can.

I know what you're saying, and I did intentionally and dramatically change the way scenes worked, because there is no easy way for me to create named scene buttons. It wasn't an issue on the Axe-Fx II because it didn't have named scenes. Naming the buttons Scene 1, Scene 2, etc. was sufficient. Elevating scenes to the level of presets made everything fall into place - scene names are stored in presets, and preset names automatically appear in preset buttons and in the upper display. I see that that's not going to fly with people who are used to the previous way of doing things, so I will start figuring out how I can make the old approach work with the new Axe-Fx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back