MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.4.9 / EDITOR 3.4.6

Generally speaking, I would think people would want their settings to move when they move the presets. From what I can tell, you have a specific case where you're only controlling an Axe-Fx, and you're doing the vast majority of programming on the Axe-Fx. You make changes on the Axe-Fx, then just need the preset names to change on the GT to line up with your Axe-Fx presets. But, anyone who controls multiple devices or makes more extensive use of what can be done in a preset would prefer that the presets move with all of their settings intact.

There are a couple of alternate solutions that would probably work better anyway:

1). Use "Get Preset Names" on the GT to read the new preset names from the Axe-Fx after you make changes.
OR
2). Go to the Devices tab, select the Axe-Fx device and click Set Preset PCs to Sequential. That will return the PCs in each preset to sequential order. You can do this after using drag and drop to reorder the preset list.

No problems, it's good to hear reasoning behind why something is done a certain way.
Thanks for the alternate solutions :)

I seem to be having a similar problem to damo_512. Upgraded to 3.4.1 and now when i turn on the unit (using with axe fx xl+) and hit either the bank up, or bank down buttons a little too long, like a long tap, it zooms through the bank pages, and won't stop till it gets to either extreme in my collection. I looked at the min max on the bank buttons, and I have them set both to 1. Any suggestions?

Having weird issue. Not sure if related to new FW. I found a trick to get POD HD Pro effects to be part of my "master scenes" on the MMGT.
I have the Helix recalling POD FX as part of a snapshot by saving snapshot while the IA sending CCs to the pod is activated. Works very well as changing to any other snapshot bypasses the effect. I should be able to do this by just sending a CC command to Helix to activate that FS but have not gotten that to work yet. I can make do with how things are . . . . .except. . . .

When I first select a preset, all effects on both PODS are activated. If I switch to another preset and then back, all is well, but that is not possible most of the time. I have no CCs going from MMGT to PODS, and the IAs on Helix control do not light up. Just somewhere the GT is sending errant commands? I used to have page one set to control FS1-FS5 on the PODS so figured that was somehow wreaking havok. I have since set all of those buttons to off. I still get the problem?

Just selecting that preset activates almost all effects on both pods and both PODS have an asterisk to show they have been edited. Somewhere the GT is sending the CCs to the POD but I can't for the life of me see where.

A few debugging suggestions:

- Use a MIDI monitor to see what messages the GT is sending
- Use the System Report option in the editor to get a list of hat every button does. Copy and paste the text into a text editor so you can search the text. Search for Helix in the file and you'll see which buttons are set to send something to the Helix.

Is it a reported bug when "read settings from device" in editor 3.4.0 firmware 3.4.1, doesnt correctly recieve the local pages and instead overwrites the controller itself with incorrect values for both editor and mmgt? Also, does the mmgt send its ia button messages in the order you have them placed in the unit? Ableton is a beast to program as its seeing button messages randomly when pressed. Thanks

Is it a reported bug when "read settings from device" in editor 3.4.0 firmware 3.4.1, doesnt correctly recieve the local pages and instead overwrites the controller itself with incorrect values for both editor and mmgt? Also, does the mmgt send its ia button messages in the order you have them placed in the unit? Ableton is a beast to program as its seeing button messages randomly when pressed. Thanks

By default, CCs sent to a device are sorted and filtered to remove duplicates. Turn on "Direct Send" on the Devices page for your Ableton device. That'll make it send the messages in the order specified.

I think I have just received one other report of something odd regarding local pages. Can you send me your settings and describe an example scenario that I can try here?

A few other glitches concerning the local page and I figured it HAD to be operator error. Unplugging the midi connection while having the usb going to the editor, fixed the issues entirely. I think I read somewhere to NOT use them both at same time anyhow. I was also getting a ton of 'y' with dot on all screens when editing while connected to my axe via bi-di midi. Again, probably a talk back issue I'm provoking. Smooth sailing now that i have separated the 2 for editing. I'll dig deeper into the message to ableton thing and try your suggest. As always, thank you for the prompt response. By default, should midi 'note' messages send on preset change like cc's do? It is easier for me to program ableton with notes sometimes and I cant get the notes to send like the cc's when switching. Thanks again!

I never really intended for notes to be sent on preset changes. It's not something I ever tested, but it probably should work. The button has to be set with the Momentary checkbox off, send on preset change on and update on preset change on. If you have a note assigned to an IA button and you switch from one preset to another, where the button is turned on in both presets, it won't send a note when selecting the second preset. This is because the IA button isn't changing state. If this is a problem, you'll probably have to rely on preset actions to get the notes sent.

3.4.2 just released, fixes a bunch of bugs and adds a few requested minor features. See details above.

A few other glitches concerning the local page and I figured it HAD to be operator error. Unplugging the midi connection while having the usb going to the editor, fixed the issues entirely. I think I read somewhere to NOT use them both at same time anyhow. I was also getting a ton of 'y' with dot on all screens when editing while connected to my axe via bi-di midi. Again, probably a talk back issue I'm provoking. Smooth sailing now that i have separated the 2 for editing. I'll dig deeper into the message to ableton thing and try your suggest. As always, thank you for the prompt response. By default, should midi 'note' messages send on preset change like cc's do? It is easier for me to program ableton with notes sometimes and I cant get the notes to send like the cc's when switching. Thanks again!

Which model of Axe-Fx do you have? Wondering if you have one that doesn't have a MIDI Thru. I think those are all models earlier than the XL. I don't have a normal Axe II anymore, but I seem to remember that they would echo all of the incoming MIDI data back out the output, which could potentially cause problems. I'll investigate here as best I can.

Just released a 3.4.3 firmware build - something got messed up with the Preset 2nd Press "IA" option in 3.4.2. The editor didn't need to be updated to fix this.

Hi Ron,

The new BPM indicator for buttons only works when there's no Hold function assigned. Maybe deserves mentioning n the manual?

There's a Show Page Names checkbox on the Global page. Where do I find the option to adjust page names in the editor?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Ron,

The new BPM indicator for buttons only works when there's no Hold function assigned. Maybe deserves mentioning n the manual?

There's a Show Page Names checkbox on the Global page. Where do I find the option to adjust page names in the editor?

Thanks

Good point about the BPM thing. It's actually not new at all, only new for devices that send tempo flashes (Axe-Fx and Kemper)

Page names are edited on the Buttons tab of the editor, at the bottom of the window.

I inserted the USB drive supplied with the GT22 but the GT won't update :-(
After trying everything from trying other sticks and reformatting with various filesystems and block sizes I gave up.
So today I tried a couple of old ones and it finally worked.
Happy as a pig in shit :)

Last edited:
Back