Search results

1. J

Timeout receiving data

I downgraded to firmware version 4.5.0 and the corresponding desktop application, and that works. I can read and write to the PBC 6X without issues. I tried upgrading to firmware 4.6.3 and the upgrade worked and converted the settings. However, I wasn't able to use the 4.6.1 desktop application...
  2. J

Timeout receiving data

I’ve retried the connection with 3 different USB cables on a different laptop, and am getting the same timeout every time.
  3. J

Timeout receiving data

The connection is using a usb cable with an adapter to usb-c, direct into a Mac laptop. I have tried with multiple cables, but will retry with different ports as well. The timeout is odd as there was no delay between the last command on the MIDI monitor and the timeout message. I would have...
  4. J

Timeout receiving data

I've just updated to version 4.6.3 of the firmware and I still have the same timeout issue. I can see that the process is getting partway before the timeout happens - so it has read some information e.g. items on the Global and Devices pages. It hasn't read in the Buttons, Presets, Songs etc...
  5. J

Timeout receiving data

It actually looks as though I can write settings to the device, but reading settings times out.
  6. J

Timeout receiving data

I've tried upgrading the firmware on the PBC 6X to version 4.6.1 and doing a factory reset, and then starting to set up the device again from scratch. Yesterday evening that was working. I've tried connecting to the PBC 6X today and I'm getting a timeout when reading from the device - that is on...
  7. J

Timeout receiving data

I've started having problems connecting my PBC 6X to my Mac. It can connect to the device, but it gives a "Timeout receiving data" message when reading from the device. I've tried to connect from two different Mac laptops (one with USB-C the other with USB-A) and tried two different USB cables...
  8. J

PBC/6X & Protein Overdrive Wiring

This is a great feature of the Protein drive that I didn’t know was there. I can see how this is useful when connecting each side of the pedal to different 2 loops, as you could turn on/off each loop or stack them - all from the RJM. How does that work with a split mono loop? Can you turn...
  9. J

Change to a Song-based programing on PBC ?

Speak for yourself - most of us are rocket scientists I find the use of presets to be very flexible and tend to use a limited amount of them for each song. I’m not sure that what your suggesting would reduce the complexity. There are a number of concepts to learn - button pages, presets, IA...
  10. J

[DONE] Bank Up/Down Wrap Around

+1 That would also allow the use of a single button for Bank changes (similar to Page changes).
  11. J

BPM Readout Permanently Displayed

+1 And the BPM text being larger when tapping (like the song title in setlist mode)
  12. J

Exp Ped as Function switch?

I came across this in the manual (p 32): It's not something that I've tried, but it may do what you want.
  13. J

Making minor tempo tweaks

Thanks for the clarification on that.
  14. J

Thanks - I didn't even realise that that was an option! I do have a 2-button external switch and I've set it to an IA button with (for the add, or example): - Action Type: System - Subtype: BPM - Off BPM: Add 1 - On BPM: Add 1 The Off and On seemed to be necessary to get it to respond to each...
  15. J

Controlling Strymon Iridium with PBC 10

The midi-TRS cable needs to incorporate the opto-coupler that is a part of a standard midi input circuit. Strymon have released a circuit diagram that shows how their own cable works: I've created a small midi-TRS box that is based on this circuit for my board and that works well with the 6x...
  16. J

Our band has a tendency to make last minute tweaks to the tempo when we're playing to click, so I use the tap tempo feature rather than rely on preset tempos in song presets. I've had a few of challenges with this: 1. The tempo display is in quite small text (half the screen height), so its...
  17. J

Tuner to mute all loops

It seems as though the tuner only mutes the output, not the loops. This causes issues in two scenarios: 1. When the preset is on a swell preset with a long sustain, the output is muted during tuning but unmuting can cause the remnants of the swell preset to ring out. Happened to my friend who...
  18. J

Dunlop Volume(x) mini issues

I have a Dunlop Volume(x) mini setup as a volume pedal and I’m finding that all of the volume is at the end of the travel. I’ve tried it with just the volume and the amp and it works fine, but when I use it through a PBC loop it’s not very usable. I’ve tried all the combinations of the internal...
  19. J

BPM in display

Showing the BPM in the main display would be helpful.
  20. J

subtly overwhelmed: How do you use the possibilities of the PBC?

I’m a new user myself, and the best advice I had so far is: don’t overthink it. So I’ve set it up to get started, with the plan to modify the set up after using it in a live setting. It would be good to get an overview of how more experienced users have the PBC setup. I’ve started with a single...
Back