USING THE GT WITH AN AXE-FX I or II

Alexander, are you connecting directly from GT to Axe-Fx or using a phantom power box? I definitely seen (heard) this happen before, and it appears to be due to grounding. I haven't come up with a 100% solution yet, but I do tie some grounds together in the phantom power box and that seems to help in many cases.

Connecting directly, Ron. I do have the Phantom Adapter on order, so I'm able to test this soon. I'll let you know. Thanks for responding.

I have a problem using expression pedals via the MMGT16 into the Axe II xl. I use Rolands ev-5, calibrated them within the menu in the MMGT. The problem is that there is some weird delay controlling devices within the axe. I CAN control the wah for instance but there is this delay of almost a second. I tried different curves within the axe editor but no improvement.
Is there anything else I could try out?

L.

laurentius said:
I have a problem using expression pedals via the MMGT16 into the Axe II xl. I use Rolands ev-5, calibrated them within the menu in the MMGT. The problem is that there is some weird delay controlling devices within the axe. I CAN control the wah for instance but there is this delay of almost a second. I tried different curves within the axe editor but no improvement.
Is there anything else I could try out?

L.

Verify that Damping in the Wah's modifier menu is set between 4 and 20 ms.

Maybe your Axe-Fx's MIDI channel is set to Omni instead of 1?

In case of doubt: reset your Axe-Fx (Utility > Reset params).

Name
Ext Ctrl1

Swtch Grp
None

Calibrate

Device
Axe FxII XL

ccnumber

Min Val

Max Val

Device2
nothing

Ok, first thing is that the EV-5 uses the opposite polarity to the one that the GT expects. It's not going to work well unless you use a cable or adapter that swaps the tip and ring before going into the GT.

I can't imagine that would cause any delay though. Do you have MIDI clock enabled? I'm wondering if the large amount of MIDI data generated by MIDI clock would cause a delay in the expression pedal's data stream....

Midi clock withing the MMGT editor is deactivated. I got the same issues with the Boss FV500 as well. It's definitely not because of the expression pedal I am using, is it?

The FV500 is also the opposite polarity, so it should act exactly the same as the EV-5. I still can't imagine that polarity would cause the problem you're seeing, though.

In any event, I'd fix the polarity before continuing - the pedal's never going to work 100% until you do.
\

Hi Ron, haven't heard of this polarity adapter yet. Why the axe can handle it without an adapter though?

Thanks,
Lars

Basically, there are two different polarities that expression pedals can use. Roland/Boss uses one, and Korg and Rocktron (and RJM) use the other. Mission Engineering pedals offer a switch that flips the polarity to either type.

Just want to write how happy I am with the GT/22.
Took me some time to learn to use/program it. It's worth it!
And mighty impressed by the speed of adding requested features and fixing minor issues.
One of my best buys ever.

EDIT: I've added a dual switch from RJM and another will follow soon. And as described in the manual, the external switches (with LEDs) do work exactly like onboard switches (except the display of course). That's 4 extra switches, which prove to be very handy. I've got everything I want under my feet, ready for action.
Also received the phantom power box, which works well.

And mighty impressed by the speed of adding requested features and fixing minor issues.
I agree with Alexander.
I'm still saving for my next controller but I'm leaning towards the GT22.
The price might be a negative point, the support is a big plus.
I'm off to rob some more old ladies ;-)

Back