USING THE GT WITH AN AXE-FX I or II

Hi Ron,

I finally got into "local pages" and already facing a difficulty: If I copy buttons from a page and the change one button (the reason I do local pages) the check box number for Axe FX II xl changes (it's augmenting one number). So this is really weird in my opinion. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
L

Yep, on the preset page of the editor. The first checkbox is called AXE FX XL PC ---
If I enter a pc number for the corresponding preset in the axe it will change to one preset number higher. It's strange. But if I enter here one value below the actually needed preset, everything's fine ;-)

Hi Ron,

When I switch scenes on the front panel of the Axe-Fx, the Fractal MFC-101 switches along.
Obviously the Axe-Fx sends out some kind of “scene switch” command.

The GT/22 doesn’t behave like this currently. Would it be possible to implement this?

Laurentius: Does the number displayed in the editor change, or does the editor say one number and the Axe-Fx switch to one higher?

Alexander: I'll look at the latest Axe-Fx firmware and see what it's sending to the MFC - in the past, I hadn't seen any messages being sent when scenes were switched manually, but I probably am a version or two behind in Axe-Fx firmware at this point.

Laurentius: can you send me your current settings file? I'm working on editor 2.3 right now and am unable to reproduce the problem you're seeing.

Alexander: I've figured out the scene issue - 2.3 will synchronize to the Axe-Fx's current scene as long as "Ignore incoming CCs" is not turned on.

[Alexander: I've figured out the scene issue - 2.3 will synchronize to the Axe-Fx's current scene as long as "Ignore incoming CCs" is not turned on.[/quote]

Excellent Thank you Ron!!!

Ron,

new firmware for the Axe-Fx changed some some MIDI CCs:

Wahwah 1 X/Y = 119
Wahwah 2 X/Y = also 119
Rotary 1 X/Y = 125
Rotary 2 X/Y = 125

When implementing I ran into a bug on the hardware.
I assigned CC 125 to a switch and then tried to change the default on/off values to
OFF = 127
ON = 0
But SETUP won't let me change the value for ON.

Works fine with the software editor though.

Ron,

I'm having this (minor) issue.

Let's say I'm in preset #10 on my Axe-Fx.
I shut off my rig and boot it up again.
What happens is that the Axe-Fx recalls #10 and then switches back to the first preset.

It does not do this with the MM GT/22 (and other hardware) disconnected.
So it seems that the GT is sending a command sometime during at startup.

I looked at my config but I can't figure out where this may happen.

Any idea?

The GT always selects the first preset and sends its messages on powerup. That's probably what you're seeing.

Is there a way to make the mmgt recall the last used preset when powering it again? Even better if this was possible in Setlist mode as well?

Thanks,
L.

Hey guys....I'm building a new rig with:

MMGT16
Mini Effect Gizmo
Switch Gizmo
Axe-FX II

As I read at the beginning: Option 2: If you are using one of our products like an Effect Gizmo, Rack Gizmo or Amp Gizmo, plug the MIDI Out of the GT into the MIDI In of the Gizmo using a 7-pin MIDI cable (or 6-pin XLR if available). Plug the MIDI Out/Thru of the Gizmo into the MIDI Input of the Axe-Fx. Plug the MIDI Out of the Axe-Fx into the Remote In of the GT using a 5-pin MIDI cable. Make sure that the MIDI Thru parameter of the Axe-Fx is turned off.

Question.... I'm wanting to use the the Mini Effect Gizmo to power the GT16 but as it is written above can the "midi out" of the Mini Effect Gizmo feed into the Midi in of the Switch Gizmo then Midi out to back to the MMGT16 In?

Back