Recent content by RubenRoeh

1. RubenRoeh

DIY Insert Cables?

Absolutely no crosstalk using the 2528, I have used it extensively on multiple builds for both insert and regular mono connections - mostly for the very practical diameter when wiring up big looper boards with plenty of cabling to manage.
  2. RubenRoeh

New In-depth PBC Video

Hey Ron, thanks for sharing! Guys, I had a lot of fun shooting that little tutorial and I hope it will benefit you. Although it's already pretty deep I have not covered everything there is to it. As per my shout-out, I have gotten a few ideas via Youtube etc. for additional topics people are...
  3. RubenRoeh

Help My Parallel Routing Ignorance

Looks like the Flint can stay. ;)
  4. RubenRoeh

Preset Labels for different parts of songs

I must say I find this a tad redundant. While performing, the only relevant information is what part of the song you're on, so I name the presets accordingly. For editing the presets, Firmware 2.0 (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong here) added the option of making notes that won't be displayed...
  5. RubenRoeh

Reordering loops?

I have to back Zach here. I would advise against investing a great deal of time into researching the reordering capabilities. Of course pedal order is a matter of taste, but with few exceptions, most of us seem to agree on one. Especially aiming at pro users, the music we get called up to play...
  6. RubenRoeh

Help My Parallel Routing Ignorance

But what if he were to put the Flint and the Timeline in let's say loop 9 and 10, set them both to parallel, and then turn off the dry signal on the PBC? Neither should be affecting each other, and he would still have a dry signal present from the Flint which can't be set to kill dry.
  7. RubenRoeh

FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Follow up regarding the tuner: While I believe the accuracy to be absolutely sufficient, I think the graphics could be revamped to allow for more intuitive usage. I find the small bar used for fine-tuning extending both ways a bit misleading without a reference to the center. Also maybe a...
  8. RubenRoeh

Making your own cables...

Re-opening this thread with a new suggestions on cable assemblies. I just started using VanDamme for all my audio leads and it is by far the best sounding (or least sounding...) cable I have used. I comes in a 6mm diameter variety for instrument leads and a 4.5mm variety for patch applications...
  9. RubenRoeh

How to control Plexiton Carl martin pedal crunch vs high gain channels

There are aftermarket relay kits, that can be installed in place of a conventional 3pdt switch. If you wire that up to a TS jack instead of a switch, It'd be possible. I'll try and find a link to such a kit.
  10. RubenRoeh

Seeking guidance on functionality (potential buyer)

I know the feeling. I sometimes feel compelled to explore the PBC more intimately, but as long as all my needs are met and there is no real need driving said explorations, what's the point. I let the gig dictate what I need, I think that is the healthiest approach to such a powerful unit. I take...
  11. RubenRoeh

Mini effect gizmo expandability question

Haha, I'm a Strymon artist, if anything, I'll compliment you for it! Order of loops seems sensible. You may want to experiment with putting the pre section of the mobs after fuzz and possibly compression, depending on the algorithms you are planning to use. Some work better after. But I could...
  12. RubenRoeh

Mini effect gizmo expandability question

1. I suppose, patching it into an insert point would be the most sensible thing to do, since patching it into a loop will effectively yield one less loop total. 2. Since you now have 15 loops, but only 11 physical buttons on the pbc, you obviously can't have direct access to all of them on a...
  13. RubenRoeh

Editor wipes settings on presets when transferring data

Awesome, you're a life-saver!
  14. RubenRoeh

How recently did you fix it? He was running 2.1.1 I believe. I updated it for him. I told him to get 2.1.2 regardless of the issue. I have tried to replicate the bug on my pbc with firmware matching his, and using his backup file, unsuccessfully.
  15. RubenRoeh

One of my clients has reached out to me with aforementioned problem. Every time he changes the state of a funtion switch (controlling additional loops via a secondary unit in his case), and sends those settings to the pbc, he ends up with that preset or another one being wiped clean. Buffers...
Back