Search results

1. L

PBC 10 Routing Questions

If what you’re worried about is only the own amp / backline issue, what most people I think do, myself included, is have a patch box or junction box to centralize the wiring in and out of the PBC and board in general, with jacks for guitar, amp, send, and return, etc. You then divide the board...
  2. L

Pedals with remote switching/MIDI

Not an effects pedal per se, but I just ordered one of these to be able to use a couple of my regular pedals outside of the PBC's loops but still being controlled by it: http://championpedals.com/tapdance.html It's a 2 true bypass loop switcher that you remotely activate via a TRS or TS jack...
  3. L

Midi/Timeline Tap Tempo Issue

Set your button to "Momentary" and see if it helps (I think it should) ... you only want it to "pulse" for tap, not switch between an on/off state.
  4. L

Mastermind Firmware 3.1.10 / Editor 3.1.7

Will the Editor run with the new Mac OSX Sierra with no problems? I'm tempted to upgrade but need to check if all my software is compatible!
  5. L

Is this an issue or is it normal?

Some amps pad down the effects send so that the loop may be used with pedals without overloading them but then do not make up for the lost gain in the return (Bogner Shiva comes to mind and why using the loop makes it lose some punch). If this is in fact your problem, a possible solution could...
  6. L

Boss DD-500 parallel volume issue?

Yes, it would work. Would rather have the loop in series though as it ends up being the same, only more complicated to set up, unless you want to have it in parallel because of your routing arrangement (so that the loop feeds directly into the mixer out and not into the next loop).
  7. L

Boss DD-500 parallel volume issue?

Normally there's a volume jump when pedals in parallel are not in killdry mode (i.e. 100% wet) because you're basically duplicating the dry signal both in series and in parallel. It needs to be 100% wet to work properly in parallel. Not sure why it happens with the pedal bypassed but if it's not...
  8. L

External switch glitch

If it's a switch known to work with the PBC I would think the first suspect should be the cable. Try switching the cable ends around and see if now you need to rotate the cable going into the switch to fix the problem (meaning that particular cable end is faulty in some way).
  9. L

Quick Button question ....

You need to set them to momentary switching, otherwise you have conflict between the button function and the on/off state of the button (needing to press twice, once theoretically turning the button off and once more to turn it on again). Has happened to me and drove me crazy.
  10. L

IA Store not saving bypass info for midi device

Cool that it worked out for you. I keep my Strymons in loops partially for that same reason, that I don't have to worry about on/off toggle. And strangely it was my Mobius that at first didn't respond well to the preset scrolling until one day it did, perhaps after a software update, I don't...
  11. L

IA Store not saving bypass info for midi device

I don't think you can save the on/off state of the Strymons by doing it that way, although of course I could be wrong. I believe that what the PBC does is internally count how many presets you scroll up and down on the Strymons relative to an initial reference point and that way is able to save...
  12. L

FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Hi Ron, is assigning of expression pedal to devices through IA in the immediate to-do list or will it be only possible with an override in a preset for a while longer? (or did I miss an update?!) I just want to know if I should consider buying a device like an expressionator, but I'd rather not.
  13. L

Strymon Mobius (anyone try this)

I didn't know about the Stagebug, great tip! Thanks!
  14. L

Help My Parallel Routing Ignorance

You can have parallel and choose to disengage the dry signal from one of those loops per preset on the PBC. So you can't go from parallel to series but you have the option of either going parallel or going 100% wet at any given time. With something like the H9 where you can set killdry on/off...
  15. L

Global Preset for Wah with Mobius

Not the same, but I used to have certain "always there" IA functions on a two button external switch. One switch took me to a PBC page to control the Timeline looper, and the other switch took me to a PBC page where I control preset scrolling on my MIDI devices. At one point I had one of those...
  16. L

Global Preset for Wah with Mobius

There is a checkbox in the General tab on the editor where you can allow all group buttons to be off, not sure if having them all off in the global preset will keep the channel on your amp unchanged, you'd have to try. Just remember that the GP is precisely that, a preset, not an IA, so you...
  17. L

Strymon Mobius (anyone try this)

I haven't had problems with ground loops using the Mobius in pre-post but when I hooked it up from the get go I used a cable with the ground lifted for the FX return connection (post) so that might have prevented something. I did it just in case I had to use an unknown backline amp, to avoid me...
  18. L

PBC w/ Strymon Nixie App

Another +1! I hadn't heard of that app either so this thread has been very informative as it is, and having the PBC be able to serve as an interface for it would be huge.
  19. L

mutually exclusive loops on loop page?

On your second loop page you have to assign the buttons that activate loops 3, 4, 5, and 6 to the same button group, that way you'll have them be mutually exclusive. On the editor just right click (or the Mac equivalent) on each button and choose a group. You also have the option of enabling...
  20. L

Strymon Pedals/Midi

I have the Strymons at the back of the board anyway so I don't need to rip the board apart but yeah, I unplug and replug a Midi/usb adaptor. Obviously I very much prefer doing the bluetooth thing with my H9.
Back