Search results

1. tandrewnichols

Unable to use Nixie with Mastermind

This has been a happening for a while and there have been other threads about it, but I figured I would update with my current status and what I've discovered, because it's definitely getting worse. It used to be that Nixie could connect to my Timeline and load presets from the device, and I...
  2. tandrewnichols

MIDI debugging mechanism in app

I think it would be helpful if, in the editor, you could toggle debugging on and then click on buttons to see what MIDI messages would be sent (maybe in a separate window or something), with channel, PC or CC number, CC value, and (most helpfully) what button triggered it (or why that message...
  3. tandrewnichols

How do you use your mastermind?

I browsed a bit to see if there was an existing thread for something like this. I'm looking for feedback from other members on how you use your mastermind because I'm in the process of changing some things and kind of . . . uncertain on some approaches. I'll try to summarize what I have now and...
  4. tandrewnichols

Question about IA page actions

This might not be a bug, but if it's not, I can't say I understand the intended functionality. If you choose IA for a button, and in the actions section, add an action for "System / Page," the configuration has only one input: the page to go to. That page gets activated when the button is...
  5. tandrewnichols

Enable hold function for preset?

Let's say you've got a button that's set up to be a "Hold" button, with a regular click action and something else on hold. Can you enable that hold action on a preset? I don't see a way to select the hold function in the buttons tab of the presets editor - clicking a button enables the regular...
  6. tandrewnichols

Questions about stereo

I've never had a stereo board. I think there are things I don't understand. I understand how to set it up, but . . . is there an easy way to disable it? Like if I set the buttons on the mastermind to mono/mono, can I leave all the wiring as is to get a single mono out or will I lose some audio...
  7. tandrewnichols

Feature Request: Cycling CC numbers

I think it would be handy if, like with PC numbers, you could cycle CC numbers for parameters that have a finite number of values (but more than 4 where IA Cycle would do the trick). Like cycling through the Timeline delay engines for example. Those are CC# 19 with values 0 to 11. If you tried...
  8. tandrewnichols

Idea: save settings differently on computer than device

This is sort of related to my previous post (https://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/possible-feature-preset-aliases.5243/) in that it could be a way to address memory constraints but still provide more presets (I almost put this in that thread, but I figured it's technically a separate...
  9. tandrewnichols

Possible feature: Preset aliases

There have been other threads asking for more presets, and I'm sort of in that camp in that it would be nice to be able to name the presets "<Song name> <part name>" like "My Song chorus" but if you have a lot of songs, you'd run out of presets pretty quickly since there's more Song slots than...
  10. tandrewnichols

[FIXED] Bug: Dragging a setlist to the bottom breaks the display

If you attempt to drag a Setlist below the current "Setlist 64" to put it in the last position, the display kinda wigs out and shows what looks like barcode as the setlist name, both in the list of setlists and in the name field. This does not happen with the Presets list or Songs list. Just to...
  11. tandrewnichols

[FIXED] Bug: The last song is inaccessible in the setlist tab

There are 1008 song entries. Song 1008 does not show at the bottom of the "Available Songs" list on the preset tab. I thought at first this was an indexing thing because "None" was taking an unexpected entry in the list, but the corresponding list of "Available Presets" (which also has "None")...
  12. tandrewnichols

Preset switching latency

This just started happening like maybe within a week. My presets used to switch instantaneously, and now it seems like there's a pretty noticeable latency. I'm aware of the click stoppers, but I had those active before and never noticed anything, and I've also tried disabling them and it didn't...
  13. tandrewnichols

Updating the unit messes with setlist mode

I often need to update settings on an existing song (either adding/removing presets or altering the existing presets) while in setlist mode. Whenever you write to the unit in setlist mode, the unit gets very confused. It seems to think it's still in setlist mode (pressing my "Enter/Exit Setlist...
  14. tandrewnichols

Product idea - MIDI channel expander

Maybe there wouldn't be enough demand to make it worth implementing, but I think I useful idea would be a mastermind companion that's a smaller enclosure but has all the existing MIDI functionality of the mastermind series. So sort of like linking two Masterminds together, except that takes up a...
  15. tandrewnichols

How do you get out of setlist mode?

Quite possibly, I am missing something obvious, but if you have a button that uses a System / Setlist Mode instant action, how do you then get back to your regular presets? I thought having an "off" action that sets the setlist to "None" would do the trick (per comments here), but as you can...
  16. tandrewnichols

Cycling algorithms/engines

Has anyone conceived a way to have a single button that cycles algorithms or engines on devices like a Timeline or Ventris or Synesthesia? I'd love to make a button that let's me access all of them, but IA Cycle only does 4 steps. Is there a way to send "current CC value + 1"? Maybe you have to...
  17. tandrewnichols

Make buttons deletable

It would be great if "Delete" was an option in the context menu when you right click on a button. Currently, I go in and remove all IA actions and uncheck all boxes, then set the type to "Off." But if you ever forget to unset something, it gets populated the next time you use that button, which...
  18. tandrewnichols

Make IA actions copyable

It would be really nice to be able to copy and paste IA actions, rather than having to set up duplicates every time.
  19. tandrewnichols

Make Mastermind discoverable as a MIDI device

I know very little about MIDI devices, so maybe this is impossible, but I'm trying to use a preset editor for my Meris pedals, and it can't detect that my pedals are connected when they're connected through the Mastermind (but can when connected through my Scarlett). Is there a way to register...
  20. tandrewnichols

Linking IA Cycle buttons

I believe this currently does nothing. Here's my use case. I was really excited about the Gain Cycle feature of Jackson Audio devices (Broken Arrow) etc. I thought it would be nice to have a Gain+ and a Gain- button, but it appears there is no way to keep them in sync. You'd have two separate...
Back